About Me

My photo
My name is Rachel, I have two silly sibling, one older sister and one younger brother. I have graduated from University of Oregon with my BA in commicative disorder and I have graduated from Missouri State Unierstity with my Masters in Deaf and Hard of Hearing. Currently, I am a Deaf Ed teacher in Missouri. I am enjoying the ups and downs of teaching.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Congratulations vs. Rejection! What two powerful words?! One is defined as "to express vicarious pleasure to (a person) on the occasion of success or good fortune.  The other one is defined as "to refuse to accept, consider, submit to, take for some purpose.  

When I think of the word, "congratulations" I think of an event like graduation, where it is said "Congratulations, you did it! You finish school!" To me that suggest that the person is successful in finishing school or it can be said at an award event.  Again, that word, to me, suggest that the person is the best of all the nominate.  When it is YOU receiving the congratulations it is so wonderful to hear! It puts all your hard work in to perspective.  It is nice to feel that people are proud of you and that they celebrate with you.  

However, "Rejection" is a word that we all loath to hear! It suggest that a person is not the best, or that the person didn't make the cut. I think of the word rejection in the dating scene, at a job or for college and many other scenarios.   In the dating scene, a guy or a girl may get rejected by the their crush of many reasons but it usually results in not being "the one" for that them.  In getting that dream job or getting in to that dream college, it applies that the person didn't stand out or that they weren't the best.  When it is YOU receiving that rejection it isn't the best feeling in the world! It tells you know that you aren't the best and that you didn't stand out, and that you are just average (you hope)! 

In the last two weeks I have gotten two rejection letters and one congratulation letter. It seems that the rejection letters canceled out the congratulation letter! I find it sad but interesting that humans tend to focus on the times we were rejected, the times that didn't work out the way we wanted to, instead of the times that we were praised for our success, those days where everything was perfectly set up.  It seems like when we are rejected, we tend to linger on the negative and not just in the area we were rejected but in every aspect of our lives. I think the song, "What if" by Jadon Lavik say it perfectly. 

"What If"
~By Jadon Lavik~

What if I climbed the mountain, what if I swam to that shore
What if every battle was victorious then would you love me more
Would you love me more
What if I were everyone's first choice, what if I went farther than before
What if I stood high above the rest then would you love me more
Would you love me more

You say I belong to you apart from the thing I do 
You say I belong to you I'm in awe of why you do
I'm in awe of you

WHat if I ignored the hand that fed me, what if I forgot to confess
What if I stumbled down that mountain then would you love me less
Lord, would you love me less

What if I were everyone's last choice, what if I mixed in with the rest
What if I failed what I passed before then would you love me less
Lord would you love me less

You say I belong to you apart from the things I do
You say I belong to you i'm in awe of you do

What have I done to deserve your son to die for me
What can I give I want to live give me eyes to see
In a world that keeps changing there's one thing that I know is true
Your love is staying there's nothing else I'll hold onto 

You say I belong to you apart from the things I do
You say I belong to you I'm in awe of why you do
I'm in awe of you, I'm in awe of you

The way you love me, the way you do
The way you do, the way you love me.



_____________________________________________________
Did you learn any thing new about me?! Leave a comment.... that always makes me smile..

1 comment:

  1. p.s. i love love love love love that song by lavik.
    i am glad that you were able to remember those words and know that God loves you and has a perfect plan... whatever it is for you!!!

    ReplyDelete