About Me

My photo
My name is Rachel, I have two silly sibling, one older sister and one younger brother. I have graduated from University of Oregon with my BA in commicative disorder and I have graduated from Missouri State Unierstity with my Masters in Deaf and Hard of Hearing. Currently, I am a Deaf Ed teacher in Missouri. I am enjoying the ups and downs of teaching.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Spring Semester!


Well this semester started off with a BANG to say the least.

This semester we've had two big snowstorms. When I came home from Christmas break, there was snow on the ground and last week we got another 6-9 inches of snow. It is totally a winter wonderland. Margie and I went out after church and made snowmen!

At the beginning of this semester, the Deaf Ed girls got together and just hung out, share stories and just got to know every one a little bit better. They are just a great group of girls and I just love this group!! Everyone is fun and open. We support each other and we always have so much fun together!!

I been told that I should blog about my little fall I had about two weeks ago. Since I am such a good little girl I'll blog about it. So... on Friday, the 22nd Don and I went on a little walk and I tripped over a rock fell on my elbow. I thought it was broke because it hurt a lot of move, so I Don took me to ER and we had it x-rayed, THANK GOD IT WASNT BROKEN, but I feel hard pretty hard on it. It because very swollen and I was on vicodin and it was on a sling. Its been two weeks and its slowly been getting better. Early this week it was all black and blue but now it healing. So, please don’t worry, it is constantly getting better!

This is when it was really really swollen.

This is when it was really really black and blue


Now, this is what it looks like.

This is the first week we are actually all in the preschool classroom at least once a week and teaching one subject a week! This semester is always the semester that we have our own clients and we are working on aural rehabilitation. It was scary at first because we had no idea what to do but we have met with our clients twice already and it starting to get easier every week! All the kids are just great kids, they are excited about almost everything, they challenge you and they are ready for anything. I've had a blast with them.


_____________________________________________________
Did you learn any thing new about me?! Leave a comment.... that always makes me smile..

2 comments:

  1. You are truly walking in a Winter Wonderland! Glad you elbow is looking better; really enjoyed reading your blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!!! First of all.... I LOVE the snow pics! You and Margie are adorable! Mostly you! Don't tell Margie! Hee hee I am glad u are there bubs! Even though I miss you like craaaaaaaazy! Your elbow looooooks like it hurts soooooooo bad! I am so sorry bubba! Geesh! I wish I could be there to help you out! I'd bring you coffee in bed.... Bring you anythin you want! I'd even help u brish your teeth! Well I am glad there are photos! And I am glad you have those cute girls to hang out with! Create memories bubba! U only get to do this once! :)
    I looooe u

    ReplyDelete