About Me

My photo
My name is Rachel, I have two silly sibling, one older sister and one younger brother. I have graduated from University of Oregon with my BA in commicative disorder and I have graduated from Missouri State Unierstity with my Masters in Deaf and Hard of Hearing. Currently, I am a Deaf Ed teacher in Missouri. I am enjoying the ups and downs of teaching.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Battle is WON!

The new year has started and it started out with a bang. The last few weeks a few things have been on my mind. It seems like its been a divide between the selfish nature and the moral thing. It all started last week at church, funny how things come in to light when you head to church and the pastor speaks right to you. You are just waiting for him to say, "Hey Rachel Canty, this message is to you!" Anyways... It was that kind of sunday for me. I left church feeling confused not wanting to pay attention what was said in church. So, I texted a good friend about the situation and buried my head in the sand, thinking: "Check, did my part!" haha that was funny because who knows that God is actually in the sand staring right back at you. Through out that week, I continued do what I wanted to do. I moved to Houston, Mo for my student teaching and after the move I was talking to mom and she said, you have to listen to this podcast from Biola!! It is SO GOOD!!! So today, not wanting to go to church in the new town cause I know no one. I listened to mom and put on the podcast! Well what do you know it! It was God starting back at me from below the sand! From there being I decided to start listening so I listened to the podcast again. Here is the podcast link: if you are interested in listening to it. http://studentlife.biola.edu/spiritual-development/chapel/chapel-makeups by Steve Farrar

Anyways... as I listened it again I was reminded of another podcast I used to listen to constantly in Oregon (New Life Church in Everestt, Wa) and I tuned in to one of their sermons about spiritual warfare. As I was listening to it, the pastor, Nate, read from this verse: 1 John 4:4 "You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world" as he was preaching he showed a drawing of Jesus standing on the devil and he said that, "THE BATTLE HAS BEEN WON The enemy is under Jesus' foot. That we do not fight for victory but that we fight from victory!" The pastor encouraged his congregation to remember that when ever you are stressed, overwhelmed ect to remember this verse: "HE WHO IS IN YOU IS GREATER THAN HE WHO IS IN THE WORLD"

It was a great reminder that we are God's children and that he protects us. If Satan wants to mess with us he has to go through God 1st. Satan is still real but God is greater in you and we can overcome Satan because God has already overcame him. Anyways, It was really good and I wanted to blog about it!! Look up that church on itunes. Nate is a great speaker.
___________________________________________________
Did you learn any thing new about me?! Leave a comment.... that always makes me smile.

1 comment:

  1. If you hadn't moved, You likely wouldn't have blogged about this and ministered to me. Thank you for sharing and for following God to Houston. Through your dark moments of adjustment, you have Been a LIGHT. :)

    ReplyDelete