About Me

My photo
My name is Rachel, I have two silly sibling, one older sister and one younger brother. I have graduated from University of Oregon with my BA in commicative disorder and I have graduated from Missouri State Unierstity with my Masters in Deaf and Hard of Hearing. Currently, I am a Deaf Ed teacher in Missouri. I am enjoying the ups and downs of teaching.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas 2010 and New Years 2011


The holidays are one of my favorites! I just love Christmas time from Christ's birth to putting the lights up and buying gifts for loved ones. I love the magic that fills the air at this time.

This year, I decided to do something new and not go home for both Christmas and new years! It was a big decisions because it meant that I had to give up all of our Canty Traditions: decorating our christmas tree, the annual christmas parties, the Christmas Eve Service, Enchiladas, Blueberry muffins, and just the look of our house at christmas! I decided to stay here in Missouri and experience a new tradition the Lopez way: the fish dinner, getting their christmas tree, going to our saddlebrooke cookie exchange, going over to Brain's and Dana's house for a big Christmas breakfast, opening gifts for 5 hours, having a house full of people. I enjoyed my new Christmas tradition. I feel so blessed being here and having a 2nd family in Missouri. I just loved being in the mix of the hustle and bustle of the Lopez family. I cant describe how special I feel when we have the family over!

This is what the living room looked like before we started opening gifts and there were more gifts in the office.

Of course, I missed everyone at home during this time but we did ichat as they were opening gifts, so I did get to see them which was fun to do. I truly love being here during the holidays!! I just appreciate everyone here so much. They make me smile. I don't think Mom and Dad would let me stay here another christmas here! I know they will want their daughter back from now on. ;)

Margie, Don and I
Papa, Margie and Don

___________________________________________________
Did you learn any thing new about me?! Leave a comment.... that always makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment