About Me

My photo
My name is Rachel, I have two silly sibling, one older sister and one younger brother. I have graduated from University of Oregon with my BA in commicative disorder and I have graduated from Missouri State Unierstity with my Masters in Deaf and Hard of Hearing. Currently, I am a Deaf Ed teacher in Missouri. I am enjoying the ups and downs of teaching.

Monday, September 5, 2011

1st year of teaching



After graduation, I spent a few weeks at home in California. It was a nice break after 2 years of working so hard. I spent time with the family, went to all of our favorite restaurants, spent time with friends, mom made some of her famous tacos as well as other dishes. Celebrated a few milestones: Joshua's graduation, my graduation, Dad's birthday, Crystal's 26th birthday. We had father's day, Memorial Day, 4th of july parties. It was a great summer, we even took a family summer vacation in palm spring for the 4th of july weekend. A lot of good memories and a lot of fun times. Being home always end in a bitter sweet moment. I ended back in the middle of july for a wedding and to get set up for the next chapter of life.

The next chapter for me is moving, yet again, to another new town in Missouri and start teaching. I started on this chapter about the end of July so I can be all settled in my apartment the beginning of Aug. It was hard moving everything I knew, my comfort zone and doing life again by myself away from both my Missouri and my California family. However, this door flew open for a reason and I knew I need to walk through it: so, I did. I started by moving all my things into my apartment, which wasn't that much. It is still very empty. I have a bed, and a kitchen table.
Then I started on my class, there was so much stuff that I had to go through. It took me about one week to go through everything and to set up my classroom. There is still some things that I still need to go through but it gonna happen as I think of lessons. Here are some photos of the classroom.

This was my first full week of school. It was a challenge, I love my job but teaching is definitely harder than it looks. I feel like I am still stumbling over my feet, I haven't got my bags of tricks yet, but I am still learning. I believe it will be a great year it will just take time before I feel like it is 2nd nature. I love the school I am in, all my co-workers are really fun and helpful. Wish me luck and send tons of pray my way cause this chapter of my life is new and can be very overwhelming.
___________________________________________________
Did you learn any thing new about me?! Leave a comment.... that always makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment