About Me

My photo
My name is Rachel, I have two silly sibling, one older sister and one younger brother. I have graduated from University of Oregon with my BA in commicative disorder and I have graduated from Missouri State Unierstity with my Masters in Deaf and Hard of Hearing. Currently, I am a Deaf Ed teacher in Missouri. I am enjoying the ups and downs of teaching.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Wrapping up the my 1st year.

Well, its been a while since I updated you guys on my first year of teaching. Third quarter has just ended and we are rolling into the final quarter of the year. We are counting down the days till summer: its around 44 more days, left! Things are going well and strong. I am starting to figure things out: paperwork, lessons, and just teaching in general. I have many walk-throughs and formal observations and I have been pleased with the results. I have enjoyed this year and getting to know my students and my co-workers. I still have a lot to learn and I am looking for the what is ahead of me. As of right now, I plan on staying another year. There is a lot to take in and to know what lies ahead of me in the near and distance future can be overwhelming. I again place it in the Lord's hands to guide me through 2012-2013 school year and whatever lies after that. I ask that you guys will keep these decisions in your prayers as I pop in and out of your mind. As for right now, I am looking forward to finishing up this quarter and enjoying the summer back at home in California.
___________________________________________________________
Did you learn any thing new about me?! Leave a comment.... that always makes me smile.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, you're doing a fabulous job of teaching. I'm constantly reminded of how much you care for your students. I should know since I am your mentor and observe in your classroom. I meant it when I said how lucky Sedalia is to have you. We all have a lot to learn... that comes with the territory of teaching... but that's what's wonderful about this profession. We stay on a constant learning curve. I am so proud of you. Keep up the great work. ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you bubbie! you have come such a long way!!!
    crystal

    ReplyDelete