About Me

My photo
My name is Rachel, I have two silly sibling, one older sister and one younger brother. I have graduated from University of Oregon with my BA in commicative disorder and I have graduated from Missouri State Unierstity with my Masters in Deaf and Hard of Hearing. Currently, I am a Deaf Ed teacher in Missouri. I am enjoying the ups and downs of teaching.

Friday, November 16, 2012

California Thanksgiving!

I am so blessed to have two families that love and care for me.  I am so thankful for each member of those family.  However, at this time, I miss being home.  There are things I just love about waking up on Thanksgiving in California.  This is what I enjoy and what I think about Thanksgiving.  


I love the way Thanksgiving is set up in our house.  First thing that happens that I wake up to the sounds and the smells of my parents in the kitchen preparing the turkey.  I actually lie awake in my bed just listening to my mom and dad talk about what they are doing.  After that I wake up and I get myself ready.  Mom and Dad by this time are also getting ready too.  Then we all kind of meet in the kitchen and eat breakfast.  My mom always has the table set all nice for the dinner later.  We eat cranberry bread!  OH MAN!! It is very yummy, we only have it once a year so it makes it that much special.  Then the day continues as my parents check on the turkey and cook other side dishes.  I just love the way the house smells.  It makes me hungry all day knowing what is for dinner.  Then usually around 2:00 or 3:00, people start to come over. We usually have my sister and her husband, and a few of my cousins. I love just listening to the hustle and bustle of people coming over and trying to help out.  Then we sit down and enjoy the great Thanksgiving dinner that has been teasing me all day.  After dinner and dessert, we usually all sit on the couch stuffed.  Ah, It is so much fun and I cant believe that Thanksgiving is just days away!! I can't wait!! 

___________________________________________________
Did you learn any thing new about me?! Leave a comment.... that always makes me smile.

1 comment:

  1. I learned you like to learn things about people by voyer listening. I learned you only have Cranberry Bread once a year. I learned you leave all the cooking to your parents. I learned you can't wait to do it again. Enjoy and continue to be thankful for all these things!

    ReplyDelete