About Me

My photo
My name is Rachel, I have two silly sibling, one older sister and one younger brother. I have graduated from University of Oregon with my BA in commicative disorder and I have graduated from Missouri State Unierstity with my Masters in Deaf and Hard of Hearing. Currently, I am a Deaf Ed teacher in Missouri. I am enjoying the ups and downs of teaching.

Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas at God's House


On Friday, December 15, 2012, the whole nation stopped to grieved what had happened in Connecticut  at Sandy Hook Elementary.  The whole weekend I purposely did not watch the news, nor did I want to really hear or talk about.  However, it was hard not seeing it on facebook or hearing the whispers around the school or at the dinner table.  My mind continue to think, "Wow, Christmas is just around the corner though."  I thought of the parents of those children who passed away and how they would feel as they finished up their Christmas preparations.  Would they try to have Christmas go on as normal?  Would they stop everything?  What about those gifts they already bought for their son or daughters--How hard would it be seeing those toys?  Gosh, as most people in the nation I grieved for the families.  Then I thought of those children who passed away and I thought they wont have another Christmas.

Then something said inside me........ "Says who?"

I started to think, "OMG, they are going to have the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!"  They are in Heaven for Christmas!!! Think about your best Christmas gift as a kid.  Think about your memories, the smells, the gifts.  I am sure you have the biggest smile on your face thinking about that special Christmas.  What great parents you had.  I know I had some fun Christmases growing up.  

Now think about what Heaven's Christmas would be like.....

I went into work thinking about this and trying to get my head in a positive mindset as we have a staff meeting and go over the new safety procedures.  When a coworker of my came in to my classroom and handed me a sheet of paper.  I proceeded to read it and chills went up my spine.  Its been what I was thinking about the whole weekend.  I wanted to share it with you today.  Think about great it would be to celebrate CHRISTMAS IN HEAVEN!!!

CHRISTMAS AT GOD'S HOUSE

'Twas 11 days before Christmas around 9:38
When 20 beautiful children stormed through the Heaven's gates.
Their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air,
They could hardly believe all of the beauty they saw there. 
They were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say,
They remembered nothing of what happened earlier that day.  
"Where are we?" whispered a girl as quiet as a mouse,
"This is heaven," declared a small boy, "we're spending Christmas at God's House.
When what to their wondering eyes should appear,
But Jesus, their savior.  The children gathered near. 
He look at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same.   
They he opened his arms, and he called them by name. 
And in that moment was joy that only heaven can bring.
Those children flew into the arms of their King.  
And as they lingered in the warmth of his embrace, 
One small girl turned and looked at Jesus's face. 
And as if he could read all the questions she had, 
He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of Mom and Dad."
Then he looked down on early, the world far below. 
He saw all the hurt, the sorrow, and woe.  
Then he closed his eyes and he stretched out his hand, 
"Let my power and presence reenter this land!
"May this country be delivered from the hands of fools!
I'm taking by back my nation.  I'm taking back my schools!"
Then he and the children stood up without a sound.
"Come now, my children, let me show you around."
Excitement filled the space.  Some skipped and some ran,
All displaying enthusiasm only a small child can
And I heard him proclaim as he walked out of sight, 
"In the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."

So, I encourage you this holiday season as you remember these families, finish preparing for Christmas.  Lets focus the on the LIGHT instead of the darkness.  




___________________________________________________
 Did you learn any thing new about me?! Leave a comment.... that always makes me smile.

1 comment:

  1. I always wish I could post on these.... but I cant. These Blogs are beautiful! I hope they are saved forever! Yes, you are right! Those children had the BEST CHRISTMAS ever! MOM

    ReplyDelete