About Me

My photo
My name is Rachel, I have two silly sibling, one older sister and one younger brother. I have graduated from University of Oregon with my BA in commicative disorder and I have graduated from Missouri State Unierstity with my Masters in Deaf and Hard of Hearing. Currently, I am a Deaf Ed teacher in Missouri. I am enjoying the ups and downs of teaching.

Monday, June 24, 2013

The House that Built Me

Its official-I have made it back home.  I have been home for about 4 weeks, its been a transition and I am still learning how to live back at home.  My parents have been working hard with helping me set up my room so I can feel independent and at home.  They converted the back bedroom into like my little apartment.  The back bedroom was my grandparents and had golden french furniture and my parents transformed it into a modern young adult bedroom.  They painted, put new carpet in and bought a headboard, a dresser and a bookshelf.

I have enjoyed my "place" and it has made things a little bit easier as I transition into the new chapter.  I have enjoyed relaxing and enjoying the summer.  We have visited family, gone to a wedding, the beach and just had relaxing day at home with Bella and Mia.  I have also tried to look for jobs, transfer my teaching certificate and looking into other avenues for jobs just in case a Deaf Educator job doesn't happen.  

I miss everyone back in Missouri so much.  I am glad that I spent 4 years there, even though I became home sick in Sedalia and decided to home; I will always be so grateful for them.  I feel like I have inherited another set of parents, sisters, brothers, three nieces, and one nephew.  I cant wait to go back and see them.  Here is a little video that I made to show all my years in Missouri.  Missouri will always be my other home.  Miss you guys and Love you so much.. Cant wait to see you guys again  ;-)



___________________________________________________
Did you learn any thing new about me?! Leave a comment.... that always makes me smile.

2 comments:

  1. We miss you too Rach, and I know our kids do too! Luckily for us, we get to see you in a week or so, but it's still not the same without you here. You'll always have another "home" here in MO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one great big journey with lots of twists and turns. I have no doubt you are learning more about YOU and about Our loving Heavenly Father as He cares for your every need. Thanks for sharing. Remember, don't put a period where God intends a comma. He has so much more for you!

    ReplyDelete