About Me

My photo
My name is Rachel, I have two silly sibling, one older sister and one younger brother. I have graduated from University of Oregon with my BA in commicative disorder and I have graduated from Missouri State Unierstity with my Masters in Deaf and Hard of Hearing. Currently, I am a Deaf Ed teacher in Missouri. I am enjoying the ups and downs of teaching.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Short Short Break

The Summer is coming to a end pretty pretty fast. Summer school ended at the end of july and I flew straight home. I was not feeling school at all this summer it was very very hard to focus so needless to say when it was over I got the HELL out of there and flew home.

I surprise my family becuase I knew I was only staying for two-n-half weeks. Everyone thought I was coming home on saturday, July 31 but I had enough of school and decided to fly back a few days eariler, July 29. It was fun surprising everyone.

The first week of being home, we went staight to work with getting all the details ready for Crystal's Shower. So we drove all over the South Bay it seems planning the prizes and games for 85 people. On Aug 7, we were all ready to go. We had a farily early day and heading to the chessecake factory and got to setting up the room with everything. People started to show up at about 10:30 (the early Italians) and the shower started. There was good food, games, laughter, prizes and the gifts. It was great, everyone had a great time.

The second week was dedicated to my friends. When mom found out that I was only here for a few weeks she facebooked everyone so they can schedule me in. LOL.. Well thats what everyone did. One day was for Lena, one day was for Kevin, one day was for all my appointments, one day was a wedding and the last two days was for whatever. Whether that was going to crystal's and geoff's house and decorating, being home and relaxing or a drop by friend. Whatever happened that day. It was fun, the days with the friends was nice an relaxing, and the wedding was great. CONGRATS ANGELA AND JONATHAN!

The last few days are mostly for getting ready to go back to Missouri both mentally, and physically. I am so not ready for school, I dont know what happened during the summer months but I am totally burnt out. Even thou my head wasnt really in it this summer, I thought I gave it all I got, however, once I got home I got an email from my teacher that she wanted to meet me over my grade (thats NEVER NEVER GOOD). So I pushed pasted it during the break because I didnt want it to affect my summer but now that summer is over I am getting very nervous and scared to meet with my teacher.

Anyways... It was a great short summer break. I head back on tuesday Aug 17 mid morning. ;( I am excited to go back to see all my friends and family back in Missouri but I am DREADING school.

Thats what happened during the summer.
_____________________________________________________
Did you learn any thing new about me?! Leave a comment.... that always makes me smile..

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, I know our teachers are scary, but I'm sure everything will turn out beautifully. I'm glad you had so much fun at home and I can't wait to see you back at school!!

    ReplyDelete